The INSITE Fund is a funding program in collaboration with The Andy Warhol Foundation for the Visual Arts Regional Regranting program and RedLine. This new fund responds to the gap in Denver’s creative ecosystem for artist-driven projects that sit outside the “norm” of arts experiences and lead to expanded audiences. This two-year, $100,000.00 per year, grant program would add to and reinforce the importance of funding opportunities that are accessible directly to artists working in an expansive field of ideas, audiences and visual arts practices.
ABOUT THE FUND
The InSite Fund awards grants of up to $5,000.00 that directly supports independent artists and artist collectives working across different visual media in the Denver Metro area. The number of awards would range between 10-15 grants per year based on program alignment, budget proposals, and jury feedback. The outcome of each granting cycle would seek to reflect Denver’s diverse artist community—culturally, economically and geographically—and support projects that expand and enhance audiences’ relationship to the visual arts field. Over the past three years, RedLine has seen a surge in artist proposals that engage both experimental and collaborative practices, but do not align with resources for artists available to Denver’s creative community. Grant awards will be directed to projects that stretch and challenge the location or “site” for arts experiences. Sites would include alternative, outdoor, web-based, print-based or any location beyond the studio, museum, art center or gallery setting. The fund does not support studio practice, underwrite exhibitions in existing program schedules, or works of theater.
The INSITE Fund also supports practices that engage the visual arts from any angle. Whether it be more traditional visual arts practice (painting, drawing, photography) leveraged in atypical ways, or unanticipated media presented within the frame of an arts experience, all are welcome. The intended outcome of the grants would be to make visible the often unseen and under-supported projects that introduce new approaches, vocabularies, and shared experiences to the public.
· Application Contact / Lead Artist
· Project Title & Location
· Project Description (750 words) – Please describe the vision for the project, the form it will take (performance, exhibition, publication), and how you would define success?
· List of partners/performers/collaborators and their role in the project (who is doing what?)
· Budget (RedLine will provide applicants with a template or they can create their own)
· 10 – 15 images of previous work (applicants are welcome to submit videos, links to artist websites
· 3 professional references from previous projects
● Location (Is the project within the geographic region?)
● Site-Specificity (How does the project thoughtfully engage / respond to the location?)
● Audience engagement (Does the project take place in a publicly accessible space and does it have relevance to the surrounding communities?)
● Innovation / Authenticity / Originality (Does the project add to and expand definitions/understandings of the visual arts?)
● Collaboration (How does the project leverage partnerships?)
● Professional Presentation / Performance / Execution (Does the concept and presentation of the concept demonstrate artistic strength and merit?)
- Tuesday, January 15, Noon - Facebook Chat - Facebook Message RedLine for live online Q & A /Information Session
- Saturday, January 19, 1 - 2:30 PM – Information Session at RedLine, 2350 Arapahoe Street, Denver CO 80205
- March 1, 2019 - Application live on submittable
- June 3, 2019 at Midnight - Application deadline
- July – Jury Review
- August – Grants Determined, letters sent
- September – Grants announced with press release
- October – Awards reception
- November 2019 / 2020 – Project timeline
- November 30, 2020 – Grant reports due
2019 INFORMATION SESSIONS
Tuesday, January 15, Noon - Facebook Chat - Facebook Message RedLine for live online Q & A Session
Saturday, January 19, 1 - 2:30 PM - at RedLine, 2350 Arapahoe Street, Denver CO 80205